Your help is needed TODAY to protect cardiac and pulmonary rehab programs!
· AACVPR requests that cardiopulmonary rehab professionals, referring physicians, hospital administrators IMMEDIATELY contact their U.S. Senators to urge them to Co-sponsor a bill that will correct the unintended legislative language which restricts physician supervision of cardiac and pulmonary rehab programs by nurse practitioners, physician assistants and clinical nurse practitioners.
· S.382 was co-introduced by Senators Schumer (D-NY) and Crapo (R-ID) on February 26, 2013.
· This bill is NO COST because physician supervision of cardiac and pulmonary rehab is not billable to Medicare.
· This bill is NON PARTISAN. Access to care for Medicare beneficiaries is not a Republican or Democratic issue.
· This bill CORRECTS THE BLOCK TO ACCESS TO CARE FOR MEDICARE BENEFICIARIES for services they have a right to receive under public law 110-275.
COPY the provided letter template by clicking here, ADD your signature and institution, CLICK here to access Senator Harkin's contact form and complete all required information, PASTE letter into the comment section of the website contact or body of e-mail message to the staff person, SEND.
FAX THIS LETTER TO SENATOR HARKIN’S OFFICE. COPY the letter template; ADD your signature and institution, PRINT and FAX.