Spring 08 ICN UPDATE
Thursday, February 21st, 2008
8:45am - 12:15 pm
Location: via Iowa Communication Network, see sites listed on back.
Additional sites can be set up with a minimum of 5 participants by E-mailing Patty Huisenga at Huisenga@mgmc.com or calling 515-239-6780. If any of the sites below have less than 5 participants, the site may be cancelled.
Audience: Interested Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehabilitation Professionals
Purpose: To educate Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehabilitation professionals on:
1) Management of Congestive Heart Failure and new trends in medical treatment.
2) Pulmonary Exercise Testing
Jolene Runkel ARNP
Nurse Practioner at the Iowa Heart Center in Des Moines, IA.
Steven R. Wanzek MD
Pulmonologist at the McFarland Clinic, in Ames, IA.
This program is free to all members of IACPR. There is a $20.00 charge for nonmembers.
1. Review overall management of congestive heart failure.
2. Identify new trends in medical regimen for treatment of congestive heart failure.
3. Describe new devices used in management of congestive heart failure.
4. Understand the diagnostic parameters of pulmonary testing.
5. Understand interpretation of patterns of exercise abnormalities in pulmonary testing.
8:55 Roll Call-Welcome-Announcements
Barbara Burmeister RN
9:10 Management of Congestive Heart Failure and new trends in medical treatment
10:30 Pulmonary Exercise Testing
Tuition is free for members of IACPR and $20.00 for nonmembers. Make checks payable to IACPR or register online and pay via PayPal.
Continuing Education Units:
0.3 Nursing CEUs are approved by Mary Greeley Medical Center, provider #95. No partial credit will be granted. 1.0 RT CEUs are approved by Mary Greeley Medical Center, provider #009.