Location: via Iowa Communication Network, see sites listed below. Additional sites can be set up with a minimum of 5 participants by contacting Patty Huisenga or call 515-239-6780. If any of the sites below have less than 5 participants, the site may be cancelled.
Audience: Interested Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehabilitation Professionals
Purpose: To educate Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehabilitation professionals on:
- Program needs for patients with high oxygen requirements
- Exercise heart rate recommendations for Phase II Cardiac Rehabilitation Patients
- Nutrition education ideas to facilitate behavior change
Jane Knipper, RN, MA, AE-C, FAACVPR, Program Coordinator of Pulmonary Rehabilitation at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics
Leah Lenz, MSPT, ES, CSCS, Physical Therapist for the University of Iowaâ€™s Cardiovascular Rehabilitation Program
Denise Albert, RD, LD, Dietician for the University of Iowa's Cardiovascular Rehabilitation Program
- Identify indications of the need for supplemental oxygen
- Discuss program policy allowing flexibility in administration of supplemental oxygen during exercise.
- List delivery devices for the administration of high flow oxygen.
- Discuss appropriate maximal heart rate limitation for patients who have had an AMI, when entering into phase II cardiac rehabilitation
- Discuss characteristics that define patients more likely to have lower peak heart rates
- Identify nutrition education ideas to help facilitate behavior change.
Cost: Please note that the charge for CEUs is new this fall! This program is free to all members of IACPR. A program fee for non-member is $20.00. All requests for CEUs require a $10.00 processing fee. Payment for CEUs can be made with PayPal when registering online or, on site day of conference. Make checks payable to IACPR. If you would like to become a IACPR member, or renew your membership for $35.00/year, click here. Two ICN conferences per year are included with membership.
Continuing Education Units: 0.3 Nursing CEUs are approved by Mary Greeley Medical Center, provider #95. No partial credit will be granted. Certificate of Attendance provided to all Respiratory and Physical Therapists.
8:55 Roll Call-Welcome-Announcements Diane McGrew, RN IACPR President
9:10 Patients with High Oxygen Needs: Can Your Program Meet Those Needs? (Jane Knipper)
10:30 AACVPR Poster Presentations/Clinical Practice Updates. (Leah Lenz, Denise Albert
Ankeny High School 1302 NW Ankeny Blvd, Room #522 Ankeny (Monitor: Laura Mackaman)
Atlantic Public Library 507 Poplar Street Atlantic (Monitor: Beth McDermott)
Area Education Agency 267 3712 Cedar Heights Dr. Cedar Falls (Monitor: Bobbie Emerson)
Marion Linn-Mar High School 3111 N. 10th St. Marion (Monitor: Stephanie Cooper)
Dubuque Comm. School Dist. Forum 2300 Chaney Room: Marv Oâ€™Hare Dubuque (Monitor: Carla Taft)
Trinity Regional Medical Center 802 Kenyon Road ICN Room Ft Dodge (Monitor: Kathy Johnson)
Center for Disabilities University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics 100 Hawkins Drive Iowa City (Monitor: Leah Lenz)
North Iowa Area Community College-4 500 College Drive Room: CB118 Mason City (Monitor: Rhonda Halfpop)
Newton Senior high School 800 E 4th Street S. Room: 104 Newton (Monitor: Nancy Steingreaber)
Orange City Hospital and Clinics 400 Central Avenue NW Orange City (Monitor: Robin Bird)
Ottumwa Regional Health Center 1001 E. Pennsylvania, Conference Room A Ottumwa (Monitor: Leslie Heemsbergen)
West Burlington High School 408 W. Van Weiss Blvd. West Burlington (Monitor: TBD)